Me Before You - Jojo Moyes Review


Me before You has seen a lot of attention from the media lately, every bookstore I went to, I kept seeing this book appearing, sitting at #1 on the store shelves of their best sellers everywhere I went!
After a few days of constantly hearing about this book and yet having no idea what it was about. I finally picked up the book.


Me Before You, is the book that made so many readers sit in tears. Being a beautiful book, with moving characters and a plot that tackles things like illnesses, depression and suicidal issues. Topics that shouldn't be taken lightly. This book openly talks about and shows topics like these from an array of viewpoints. A book that can pull something like that I already give credit too.


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Is a novel that took the world by storm. With charming characters and atmosphere. This book got praise from authors and readers around the world.
When Louise Clark loses her job and is forced to find another, an opportunity shows up for her. A daily carer for a disabled man (Will) who can no longer walk or move from his shoulders down.
Never being a carer before, only working at a cafe for most of her life. Louise takes the dive and takes the job.
However things aren't perfect from the get -go, Will doesn't like Louise and no longer sees a reason to live, when he can no longer be the adventurous person he used to be.
Louise, on a mission to change his mind. Will, on a mission to show Louise there is more to life than their small town. Both will change each other's life forever.


I enjoyed this book. I got a real 'Fault In Our Stars' vibe from it too. (I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.)
This book is young adult - adult, and tackling issues that many silently ignore, this book isn't for the light hearted.


I give Me Before You, 4/5 stars.
If you are interested I would definitely encourage you to give this book a read!

- Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment