Charlie Bone Series - no spoilers (I don't think they count as spoilers}

The Charlie Bone Series ~ Jenny Nimmo

Hiya, this is Mikki here and this is my first time trying a review, sorry it is kind of short -_- … so, here goes…
I have many favorite authors and series (ahem - Harry Potter - ahem) but one of my ultimate favorites is the Charlie Bone Series by English author Jenny Nimmo. This series has seven books and it is too hard to just chose one so I decided to just over view the ENTIRE thing.
Charlie Bone is endowed (magical) and goes to a school called Bloors Academy… sounds like Hogwarts? It isn’t. Yet I still see many similarities. But what I like the most about this series is the INCREDIBLE array of characters, seriously. These books hold some of my most well-loved characters of all time (Lysander Sage <3 ) there are amazing people and animals with range from every type of personality or looks that you can imagine.
Jenny Nimmo has written for the audience of… say 11 – 13 but that doesn’t stop me (15) from loving every inch of this world she has created. And her plot… man! Some would say it is predictable after reading the first three books but if they just continued they would realize it isn’t. She wraps around and around so many different things and then pulls the solution from the most obvious place… yet you never considered that (I’m reading them to my brother for the first time after reading them myself 3 times and I love hearing him think he has figured it out when I know he is so far from the truth).

If you are a younger reader then I definitely say 'go for it' I can't vouch that older readers will love it like I do, it is not as well-written as Harry Potter or Cassandra Clare's books but... hey! That doesn't mean that is is not good. Sometimes you just can't try to compare smaller sellers to larger scale books... beside hidden treasures are sometimes the best.

So don’t let the haters put you off it. Give this series a chance!
I promise you’ll love it, if you’re looking for a fairly easy-going and very entertaining read!

-         Mikki Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment