Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lighting Thief By Rick Riodan


The Lightning Thief is the first book in the series 'Percy Jackson and The Olympians'.
Its a young adult, adventure, fantasy novel and as the title implies, is influenced by greek mythology
Twelve year old Percy Jackson has a rough life. He's not the best student, been expelled and rejected by many schools, never met his Dad, lives with his Mom and her horrible partner Gabe.

Life's not looking up for Percy.
However the greek mythology Percy only studied in books, start to appear in front of his eyes!
Percy is accused of stealing from Zeus, the God of the skies. Suddenly Greek Mythology starts to come alive in Percy's life. Percy now has to clear his name he starts to find out more of his family and his power.

I never really thought to would read this book. The book interested me however I had watched the movie annotation and I was satisfied with that. I was reading other books as well at the time and just glanced over this book when-ever I saw it on the self. (I didn't really want to spend money on a book that I wasn't too sure of)
When my friend lent me her box-set of the first three book in the series I finally gave in and started reading.

The book gripped me when I first opened the page. The book was funny and charming.
Percy's character was one that a reader couldn't forget. He was the hero, however he wasn't perfect. thats what I really liked. He had dyslexia and ADHD. However Percy was someone people looked up to. The book was full of action, greek mythology, (and I learnt alot of that just by reading this book!) funny character lines. Relatable characters and a plot that kept me on my feet reading.

I really enjoyed reading this book. I would recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy and adventure. Different mythologies and people who have a good sense of humor.

Rick Riordan has written many books and I can't wait to read them all.

I give Percy Jackson, The Lightning Thief 4/5 stars

- Courtney






No comments:

Post a Comment