The Mortal Instruments: Review (No spoilers)




The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, is one of my favorite series.

The series contains six novels and Clare has also written a prequel "The Infernal devices" and other side stories to this magical world that has captivated so many readers.

However this review is based up around my opinion and how I felt reading the novel and even after I put the book down.

The First book in the series is City Of Bones which will be the focus of the review.

City of Bones is a young adult, fantasy, action and romance novel. Set in modern New York. However another side hides under busy streets and crowed towns, The shadow world. Where fairies, vampires, were-wolfs, warlocks,witches and shadow-hunters dwell.

Reading the book it may (in the first few chapters) take awhile to get into. However the fantasy world that Clare had written is really deep and interesting with many different stories to tell. The world starts to gain even more depth and character as the series goes on.
You will find many other readers that have fallen in love with this series.
This is my reason why I love and recommend the works of Cassandra Clare.

Although the series is somewhat a romance novel its not all cheesy love scenes. The depth in the story line (Without not giving much away) is what kept me reading, The feel of you know something is going to happen but you don't know what. Many of the characters can be related to by many different personalities. With most characters having funny and sometimes weird lines. The action is another thing that I love that never dies in the books. The action packed fight scenes are very well written.

In 2013, City of Bones did get a motion picture movie. Sadly although the movie was good its wasn't great. Although the movie may of gotten bad reviews. The movie is very different from the book and I don't believe should be compared. However many fans of the series are getting excited as the rights were sold to make a new TV series annotation called "Shadowhunters" on abc family, this project is already in swing and starring next year.

I would recommend this book series or any other Cassandra Clare book if you love action, fantasy, sarcastic characters and anyone who has time to read it. If you do see this book I would defiantly pick it up if I would you.

The Mortal Instruments; City of Bones gets 4.5/5 stars for me.

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment